Do You Have An Addiction?
How do you know if you have an addiction? Addicts start the abuse for many different reasons. Some include stress management, pain management from their doctor, or experimenting in their youth. Sometimes we fall into an addiction without ever seeing that it is coming. An addict can deny their addiction to avoid the consequences, and responsibility. Here are some signs and symptoms of drug and alcohol dependency.
- A compulsive need to use and find yourself with the inability to stop.
- Can not control the frequency of your use.
- You are finding resources outside of your prescription to relief pain of anxiety.
- Using regardless of physical and mental side affects.
- Financially you are struggling to pay for your needs.
- You find yourself using secretive behavior with loved ones.
- Losing interest in your hobbies and recreational activities.
- You are abandoning responsibilities at work or home.
- Lack of personal hygiene and not caring about appearance
- You lose contact with your close circle of family and friends.
All addictions stem from the same place in the brain. If the addiction is not treated early and gets out of control they are resources for you to get help. There are many resources for you to help get your life in control. Here area few options of treatment.
A medical doctor can prescibe you medications to help you with your detox. Find a doctor that is familar with the type of addiction that you have.
Along with a detox it is a good decision to find a drug abuse counselor that understands your triggers, cravings, and help you become relapse free.
These clinics typically require a daily visit to their office and they will work with you on your dosage and help you decrease the medication.
Outpatient and Inpatient Treatment Centers
These are a more intense and monitored way of treating addiction. You will receive detox, counseling, drug screening, psychology, support groups, and classes. It can take anytime between 12 weeks to a 12 months depending on your level of dependency, your commitment to recovery, and the way your body and mind handles the treatment.
There is hope.
Pomarri Treatment Center is one of the great options for treatment and we provide all the resources you need to have a successful recovery. We have a great team of experts and also a great supportive system that will make you feel right at home.
There is always a chance for you to start your recover and there is hope for addicts. It all starts with the will to recover and make the step of finding the resources that is best for you. If you are not able to find the resources on your own, turn to someone you trust that will be able to help you in your time of need.